- There are multiple vendors of train simulators.
- You know how you can buy semirealistic controls that clip on your desk for flying flight simulators? Well, train simulator enthusiasts don't have to feel left out.
- You know how sometimes you see on Slashdot or wherever a post about some guy who has recreated a 747 cockpit in his basement for a flight simulator? Well, train simulator enthusiasts don't have to feel left out.
- Have any of you tried a train simulator? I can't imagine. It's bad enough knowing that some people fly autopilot-navigated cross-Atlantic flights in flight simulators.
- What's dorkier than a train simulator? Backhoe simulator! (Requires Shockwave Player. Don't try that link if you need your other browser windows/tabs; it works about 75% of the time for me, and crashes the browser 25%.)
- Uncle Mark's Gift Guide and Almanac (PDF linked from that page; obviously it was really important for him to have exactly that font) is quite possibly the best example of MIT Syndrome that I have ever seen.
- Tim Hortons is now advertising "Hot Smoothees" [sic]. I can't figure out exactly what's in them and I'm kind of glad.
I dug me a hole
I'm going to post this on my zen blog later this week, but right now I want to post it somewhere and I'm too tired to compose a post over…
So uh hi there everyone, long time no see? So I've got this theory where I think it'd be good for me to just write about stuff that's going on here,…
I should totally start using this again.