So there is a quiz going around Facebook entitled "How well do you know your partner?". It has a bunch of questions like "What is her shoe size" and "What would she eat every day if she could" and -- my personal favorite -- "Who would she vote for politics?".Sic.
But I found it a little facile. I mean, I could answer most of the questions about my coworkers, and I don't know them anywhere near as well as I'd expect to know a partner, assuming they mean "life partner" and not "across the lunchroom table". So I set about doing my own quiz. I haven't included my answers about nyxie here because eyeteeth wanted to see the questions right away, and because I wanted to post this public even though I'll probably post my answers friends-only. Change the pronouns if necessary. Share with your friends!
How Well Do You Really Know Your Partner?
- Which book changed in some explicable way the course of her life? How?
- She can have dinner with any philosopher, living or dead. She's not allowed to play funny games with the definition of "philosopher". With whom does she sup?
- You and your partner are on a lush but isolated and uninhabited island. There is a record player there. What five 7" singles would your partner want to have?
- Her RSS feed reader reports that this is her least-read subscription but she can't bear to unsubscribe.
- Her blood type, please.
- What is her earliest memory?
- A runaway train is careening down a mountain. A nearby lever controls a switch in the tracks. If she does nothing, the train will derail and the thirty people aboard will all die. If she pulls the lever, the train will go down a siding that leads uphill, bringing it to a stop with its occupants unharmed -- but there are two men working on the siding, and they will be crushed by the train as a result of her actions. What does she do? Why?
- Does she want children? If so, at what point in her life, how many, and what gender(s) would she prefer?
- Which Nobel prize (including the The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel and excluding "Peace") would she prefer to win, and for what accomplishment specifically?
- At which age did her birthdays cease to be exciting milestones in growth and begin to mark off the relentless passage of time?
- What is her management style?
- How does she believe the universe was created, and how does she believe it will end?
- Your partner is going to get a 2" tattoo in a visible place by a world-class artist. She will never be able to have the tattoo removed. What is the tattoo? (If your partner has tattoos already: If she were to only have one, in a visible place, etc.)
- For which school of architecture does she express the strongest dislike?
- What is her greatest regret?
See, that wasn't so bad, was it?